we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The CUBIDYN Epicondylitis Clasp provides local tension
relief of the inflammatory changed epicondyle tendinous tissue. The clasp with the burled silicone butterfly pad 1, cross-grooved in relation to the course of the muscles, is placed directly on the affected muscle tissue.
The reduction of tension achieved by the butterfly pad,
together with its frictional massaging effect within the
tendinous tissue and musculature area, promotes the
CUBIDYN is anatomically shaped. Its contact pressure can be individually regulated by a continuously variable Velcro fastener.
Epicondylitis bandages with a similar function are available with an elastic and a level rubber truss pad (Art. No.
07225) and without a truss pad (Art. No. 07224).
- Acute epicondylopathia humeri radialis or humeri
- Chronic epicondylopathia humeri radialis or humeri
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disor ders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
The CUBIDYN Epicondylitis Clasp can be worn on the left or right side.
- Place the opened Epicondylitis Clasp with the fastened
silicone butterfly pad 1 on the affected lower-arm muscles in such a manner that the top edge of the butterfly bad is 2 - 3 cm below the origin of the muscle. The grooves in the butterfly pad must lay transversely in relation to the course of the muscle to ensure effective tension relieve and frictional massage.
- Conduct the narrow end of the Velcro fastener through the redirecting loop and close the clasp while the lowerarm muscles are relaxed and a comfortable, nonslipping fit is achieved.
- The clasp is correctly fitted when muscle action (e.g.
a closed fist) is instantly noticeable as the butterfly pad
exerts pressure on the muscles, and this pressure disappears when the fist is opened.
- Depending on the given indication, the clasp is applied on the outside (with E. humeri radialis) or the inside (with E. humeri ulnaris) of the lower-arm.
- Clasp tightness can be continuously varied to achieve an´optimal fit.
- Please proceed with the two epicondylitis bandages in
the same manner as with the CUBIDYN epicondylitis
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
The CUBIDYN and the epicondylitis bandage, as well as the silicone truss pad, should be gently washed in hand-warm water with cold detergent and then dried in the open air (do not place on a radiator!). Close the Velco fastener before washing as this will lengthen its service life.