we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
ARTHROFIX® AIR stabilises the ankle joint and prevents lateral and medial twisting of the foot.
The ankle joint is stabilised by the two anatomically-formed side-panels with Velcro-fastened air cushions.
When the orthopaedic brace is in use, the air in the dualcell air cushions is distributed such that a shape, formfitted to the ankle joint, with optimal stabilisation and a high level of wearing comfort, is achieved.
The stabilising effect of the orthopaedic brace is optimised by being worn in a closed shoe.
- Distortion of the upper ankle joint with distension of the capsule/ligament
- Lateral ligament rupture of the upper ankle joint
- Medial ligament rupture of the upper ankle joint
- Post-operative immobilisation (e.g. post lateral ligament surgery)
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
Fitting (right seat see picture)
- 1 Spread out the orthopaedic brace, placing your heel
onto the foot-pad. The cushioned sides should be upper
- 2 Thread the lower and upper Velcro band through the guide-loops. Adjust the foot-pad to the width of your ankle using both Velcro fastening points. Fasten the foot-pad onto the side panels. Now, adjust the orthopaedic brace on the lower leg such that the hollows in the anatomically-formed side panels are located with the air cushions over the medial or lateral ankle. Hold the brace in this position.
- 3 Fasten the lower Velcro fastener first. When you attach the Velcro strap, ensure that the side panels do not move from the position set in Step 2.
- 4 Finally, fasten the orthopaedic brace with the upper
Depending on the amount of force on the upper
strap, the air is conducted from the smaller part into
the larger part of the air-cell. In this way, an individual
and form-fitted shape is achieved over the medial or lateral ankle. Wear the orthopaedic brace over a stocking or sock.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
We recommend washing the ARTHROFIX® AIR air cushion gently in lukewarm water with a mild detergent and airdrying.
Do not place on a radiator. The side panels can be
cleaned using a damp cloth.