we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any queries, ask the
doctor treating you, at your nearest stockist or contact
GENU-TEX® combines the benefits of both rigid braces and bandages. Proprioceptive stimuli activate muscular activity.
The knee joint is stabilised and controlled.
GENU-TEX® can be individually adjusted by an orthopaedic technician for controlled limitation of knee movement.
This dynamic orthotic is easy to put on and very comfortable to wear. It is especially suitable for geriatric or athletic use. The highquality polycentric joints are completely covered in soft fabric.
- ACL rupture
- Lateral ligament lesion
- Meniscus reconstruction
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Loosening of knee total joint replacement
- Instability of one or more axes
- Higher-grade axis deviation > approx. 15°
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease with popliteal arterial occlusion and bypass revascularisation or marginal peripheral circulation reserve, vascular compression risk
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far not consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
With proper use and proper fitting, so far there have been no reports of serious general side-effects.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with nonrestricting consistently shaped body fitting.
- To fit the GENU-TEX®, it is better for you to sit on a chair so that your knee is slightly flexed.
- After opening all the Velcro fasteners, grasp the GENUTEX® with both hands holding the integrated pull straps with the popliteal stitching showing. Then pull the GENU-TEX® over your ankle until it is below the popliteal cavity (Fig. 1).
- Then turn the GENU-TEX® 180° at the lower leg. The popliteal stitching shows at the calf (Fig. 2).
- Next, pull the GENU-TEX® over your knee until the silico nering encloses the kneecap (Fig. 3).
- Now close the Velcro fasteners (upwards) as numbered in Fig. 4 with slight tension.
- Stand up and check again whether the silicone ring still encloses the kneecap well (Fig. 5). If necessary, re-adjust the GENU-TEX® to your leg and then pull all the Velcro fasteners in such a way that all 8 fastening straps fit the leg well with even traction (Fig. 5).
- To remove the GENU-TEX®, generally all you have to do is just open the front Velcro fasteners and proceed as described in 2-3 above in the reverse order.
Instructions for the Orthopaedics
- SIZES Measurement
2 up to 31 cm up to 41 cm
3 up to 34 cm up to 44 cm
4 up to 37 cm up to 47 cm
5 up to 40 cm up to 50 cm
6 up to 43 cm up to 53 cm
Circumference d = 14 cm from the middle of the knee
Circumference f = 14 cm from the middle of the knee upwards.
NOTE: the GENU-TEX® knee brace is supplied with 5° extension stop.
Controlled movement limitation:
The diverse gradients for Flexion and Extension are set
using the enclosed extra white or green plastic ring; alternatively, settings can be made only using the setting screw. See the „Controlled movement limitation“ graphic for setting information. Gradient settings should only be made after consultation with your GP.
Pressure points in the region of the joint braces:
If the patient should refer to pressure points in the region
of the joint braces, these can be removed from the GENUTEX
® as shown in Fig. 6 and reshaped to the patient’s very
own anatomical circumstances using circular saw sets.
Comfortable to wear
The combination of elastic stitching and an inelastic semicircular
strap system enables the GENU-TEX® to be adapted
perfectly to suit the patient’s very own anatomical
The product is to be used by one patient only.
The very first time the GENU-TEX® is adjusted this must
be done by trained technical staff, otherwise no product
liability is warranted.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in connection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies,
ointments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing
as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product,
please get in touch with your stockist or directly
Wash GENU-TEX® in lukewarm water with a cold-water detergent
and air dry. Do not place on a radiator. The enclosed
heel pad can be cleaned with a moist cloth.
When washing the GENU-TEX® please remove the two
splints from the brace. Close the Velcro fasteners before
washing. The Velcro fasteners will then last longer.
Material compos tion
67% Polyamide, 33% Elasthan