Just as a tap with a reflex hammer on the patellar tendon causes a muscle reaction, the constant pressure of a bandage on this pointm effects a reflex that brings about a continuous improvement of the muscle work.
This increases joint stability and decreases pain – the joint is protected. The products have been specifically designes according to their intended application.
The superior function of the patellar tendon bandage has been confirmed in day-to-day use and, just as the KPSB Aktiv, the bandage can also be used in sports and leisuretime activities.
Moreover, the neoprene material used in the Aktiv variant, and by dispending with a reversing eyelet, the bandage can be used for rehabilitation treatment in water or during exercises involving contact with the floor.
- Anterior knee pain
- Patella apex syndrome
- Patellar chondropathy
- Femoropatellar arthrosis
- Cruciate ligament insufficiency
- Anterior cruciate ligament
- Post-operative / post-traumatic rehab training:
improvement in result achieved through enhanced,
balanced neuromuscular recruitment
- Quadriceps paresis
- Muscular dystrophy
- In such cases we recommend that a PTB be worn
only in conjunction with tailor-made compression
stockings Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disor ders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with nonrestrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
The Kassel Patellar Tendon Bandage can be worn on the left or right knee.
- When the bandage is fitted properly, the groove and
the SPORLASTIC lettering on the bandage face upwards.
- The varying degrees of fine knopping on the surface of the silicone pad ensure optimum stimulation of the receptors (sensors), inducing the muscles to work.
- The middle of the knopped silicone pad should be flush with the patellar ligament beneath the kneecap.
- Now thread the highly elastic circular strap through the reversing loop 1 and close the bandage with the Velcro fastener by tugging gently.
- It has to fit without slipping and convey a pleasant feeling of comfort.
- If you should feel after a while that the fit is too tight,
open it and loosen it by 1-2 mm. Check the fit of the
bandage again for a while and then correct it if required
until it fits perfectly. The more you wear it, the greater
the certainty with which you will be able to set the ideal
fitting of the bandage.
- The muscle volume varies according to physical activity (office, sport, rambling, etc.). The bandage should be individually re-adjusted accor dingly.
COMFORTA BLE TO WEAR
The Kassel Patellar Tendon Bandage is made of state-ofthe- art materials. The combination of materials makes for a perfectly balanced temperature and flow of humidity that creates a lastingly agreeable microclimate between the bandage and the skin, making it well tolerated by the
The broad, elastic bandage around the hollow of the
knee, as purposely adopted with the Kasseler Aktiv patellar tendon bandage, closely follows all knee movements and any change of leg circumference to ensure maximum comfort.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please
Wash the Kassel Patellar Tendon Bandage in lukewarm water with a cold-water detergent and air dry. Do not place on a radiator. Before washing the Kassel Patellar Tendon Bandage, remove the incorporated silicone pad and close the bandage’s Velcro fastener. In this way you can avoid damage to other items of clothing.