INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE V-FORCE ®
Osteoarthritis Knee brace for relief of the lateral namely medial compartment
We would like to ask you to follow these instructions for use with care. If you should have any questions, please consult your doctor treating you or your nearest stockiest or contact us directly.
The V-FORCE ® Knee Brace relieves the medial or lateral compartment of the knee joint according to the three-point principle.
Osteoarthritis, medial or lateral compartment
- Varus-/Valgusabweichung about 5 degrees and advanced Pangon arthritis
- Primarily systemic and chondral degenerative inflammatory processes without biomechanical
correlation as the major contributing’ cause
- Peripheral AVK with popliteal artery lock and bypass revascularization namely borderline peripheral blood flow reserve, vascular compression of risk
Basically, with regard to indication and wear mode of an orthopedic appliance in general and in the presence of subsequent disease states, shall in particular, follow a consultation with the treating doctor
- Allergic, inflammatory or injury-related skin changes (e.g. swelling, redness) of the supplying body parts.
- Impairment of circulation or lymphatic swelled soft tissues.
- Neurogenic conditional disturbances of sensory and skin shape (trophies) in the body area which is to be served (disorder with or without skin damage).
With proper use and proper installation are up to date not known any serious general side effects, pregnant - intolerance or allergic reactions.
Pressure symptoms of skin and nerves and circulation damage may be avoided through considering any contra-indications and in case of interlocked and narrowed body structure by considering it individually.
- To set up the V-FORCE ® is better for you to sit on a chair and bend your knee slightly.
- Open the lever buckles of the 4 fastening belts.
- Place the knee brace on your light bend knee as shown to you by your orthopedist, so that knee patella is looked a little behind the midline of the leg. The joint brace with Sporlastic logo sits at the height of the patella (Figure 1).
- Hold the brace with one hand in this position while you lock with the other hand the one-handed fastening buckles of the fastening belt in the sequence 1-4 (Fig. 2).
NOTE: Fixing strap No.1 should always be above the highest point of the calf. In this way the brace is set correctly and does not slip.
- Check again, in standing and walking, whether the V-FORCE ® knee brace is placed correctly as described above. If necessary, correct the set up of knee brace and retighten Velcro strip of the fastening belt. All 4 fastening belts should be at the same time sufficiently fixed and comfortably set.
NOTE FOR ORTHOPEDIC - TECHNICIANS
First-time adjustment of the V-FORCE ®
- Remove the Velcro bands 1-4 from the staple of the one-handed buckles. Connect the ends of the bands again, so that they do not get caught with each other.
- The brace is to be placed at the painful compartment of the opposite leg side.
- Set the brace laterally in that way on the light bent knee, that the joint rail lies behind the midline of leg. The knee brace with Sporlastic-Logo sits at the height of the patella (Fig. 1).
- Hold the brace with one hand in this position while you pull again the bands with the other
Hand in the sequence 1-4 and pull and fasten one-hand-buckles through tighten straps (Fig. 2).
NOTE: To prevent slippage of the brace, the Velcro fastener No. 1should be always arranged above the highest point of the calf.
- All Velcro straps can be shortened individually.
Setting the correction force
- In order to relieve the painful compartments, the brace will be adjusted in the way that it exercises a correction force on the contra-lateral condyle. The required correction force can be set by changing individually the valgus angle of the brace above the interior spanner bolt of brace (Fig. 3).
- Adjust the correction force of the V-Force ® with the hexagonal key in small steps on slightly bent and relieved knee. Stand and walk a short distance to ensure comfort and correction after each adjustment or upon initial fitting.
Accessories for individual adaptation of V-Force ® (Fig. 4)
- The knee flexion and extension can be limited gradually through screw joint wedges (1 in Figure 4). For easy replacement of wedges, the Condyle cover is omitted in the screw position.
When delivered, the brace is set at free flexion to 0° extension.
- The knee brace may be additionally padded, in a way that the large thin condyle pad
(2 in Figure 4) is tighten with the Velcro strips (Fig. 3 in 4 clip).
- Alternatively, the brace can be hold with the small condyle pad (4 in Fig 4). For this purpose, remove the large cushions, unfasten the screws and the condyle cap and tighten the small cushion pad with the attached Velcro points (5 in Figure 4) on the inner side of the brace.
- Additional support provides the long adhesive strip (6 in Figure 4), which is tailored by the inner side of the straps.
- For a pleasant wearing comfort, the elastic strap (7 in Figure 4) can be adapted to the fastening strap No 3 or 4. For this purpose pull the fastening strap 3 and 4 out of the staples to the brace frame. Thread the elastic strap (7 in Figure 4) through the frame slot and attach the strap No. 3 namely Nr. 4 (see Figure 5).
The product is determined for patient care.
The first adjustment of the V-FORCE ® may only be made by trained personnel; otherwise
the product liability is not assured. Improper non professional changes to the product and / or not intentional use of the products introduced above, exclude the manufacturer from product liability.
Possible reciprocal health risks or other disadvantages for certain treatments, which may result in connection with product use, need to be arranged with the doctor.
To ensure a product long life and function, the products should not be worn in combination with
fat-and acid-containing agents, ointments or lotions. The product can be disposed in the household waste. Please consider for this the local regulations.
SPORLASTIC GmbH has joined the recycling system for packaging and complies with the packaging regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Please follow the packaging to the local waste collection system.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
All products of SPORLASTIC GmbH are subject to our internal quality management system. In case of concerns, please consult with your dealer or directly with us. For our products we give a guarantee under the statutory provisions.
CARE AND MAINTANANCE
We recommend that you wash V-FORCE ® gently with shower gel and dry in the air.