we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for Use with care. If you should have any questions, please consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist, or contact us directly.
The RHIZO-RING is a functional orthesis which, in its specific product design, is adapted to the therapeutic requirements of the listed indications.
The design of the RHIZO-RING ensures that a pain-free thumb function can be achieved as a result of partial immobilisation and the restoration of the correct position of the thumb saddle joint.
- Incipient rhizarthrosis with a subluxation tendency
- Functional complaints associated with the thumb saddle joint due to recurring malarticulation
- Rhizarthrosis with subluxation
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic disor ders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with nonrestrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
Fitting (right seat see picture)
The product is supplied with two fastening straps for changing.
- Slightly spread out the thumb to apply the orthesis.
- Pass the thumb through the opening of the ring. Ensure that the ball of the thumb rests on the ergonomically shaped wide supporting area of t he ring.
- The RHIZO-RING must be form-fitted between the thumb and the index finger.
- If necessary an orthopaedic technician can rework the product (grind with a conical milling cutter or manually with abrasive paper). Thermal reshaping is only partly possible.
- Guide the tensioning strap through the integrated guiding slot and posi tion the orthesis on the thumb saddle joint by progressively tensioning the strap over the back of the hand and, finally, close the Velcro fastener.
- Exert just enough pull on the tensioning strap until the pain is reduced and the thumb saddle joint is repositioned.
- Contact between the fingertips and the thumb is supported (opposition grip) so that pain-free gripping is once again possible.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or other disadvantages with specific treatments that may arise in connection with the use of the product with the doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
Clean the RHIZO-RING with a moist cloth. Wash the tensioning straps in luke-warm water with a coldwater detergent.
Dry in the air (do not place on a radiator!).