we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
MANU-XR is suitable for both hands, i.e. it can be applied to the left or right hand.
The volar (inner side of the hand) and dorsal (back of the hand) reinforcement splint, as well as the circular stabilization tape around the wrist, ensure optimal partial immobilization of the wrist. The carpus is fixated, while the thumb and index finger are freely moveable.
As a result of the carefully designed cut of the anatomical blank, the MANU-XR offers optimal fit and function for both the left and right hand
1. Moreover, the open character of the wrist bandage material makes it pleasant and comfortable to wear.
- Arthrosis of the wrist
- After distorsions
- Functional postoperative after-treatment
- Overstrained arthropathies
- Interim care after plaster bandages have been removed
- Conservative treatment of the initial stages of aseptic necrosis of the carpal bones
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with nonrestrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
-The label with the stylized hands with a printed L (left
hand) and R (right hand) indicates the application position of MANU-XR 2.
- For application to the left hand (marked L), the thumb
of the hand on the label points towards the right.
- For application to the right hand (marked R), the thumb of the hand on the label points towards the left.
Inserting the reinforcing splint according to the given
side of the hand
- MANU-XR can be used for the left or right hand simply
by turning the demi-gauntlet bandage around by 180
degrees. Depending on the given application side, the
supplied reinforcing splint for the inner hand side must
be inserted accordingly.
When inserting the reinforcing splint ensure that the shortcurved side always points towards the finger tips.
- Guide the splint into the slot that is integrated in the
inner side of the bandage. Afterwards ensure that it is
enclosed at both ends.
- The reinforcing splint for the back of the hand is already integrated. Its position does not have to be changed when the bandage is applied. If necessary, the splint can be removed through a slot for individual adaptation.
Insert the hand in the MANU-XR demigauntlet bandage
(see photo for thumb position).
- Pull the elastic-taped VelcroR fastener with the required etension over the lower arm towards the body and around the wrist. First attach it to the facing hook tape on the lower arm side before final encircled fastening.
- If necessary, the VelcroR fastener can be released from the hook tape for re-adjustment and final fastening.
- MANU-XR has been correctly applied when, in the neutral position (outstretched hand), the pre-shaped volar reinforcing splint formfits with the lower arm and especially with the transition from the wrist to the metacarpus.
- If necessary, the reinforcing splint can be individually
adapted to the anatomical shape of the hand and lower
armor according to the doctor’s instructions.
- MANU-XR should be firmly seated on the hand to achieve the required stabilizing effect, but without causing any unpleasant pressure.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in connection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, ointments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
Wash MANU-XR in lukewarm water with a cold-water detergent and air dry. Do not place on a radiator.
Remove the reinforcing splints from the bandage before
washing. Close the VelcroR fasteners before washing as
this will lengthen their useful life and avoid damage to