we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The carpal tunnel syndrome bandage contains two silicone pads. These pads lift the bandage sheath in the region of the carpal tunnel at about the level of the wrist and protect against pressure irritation. As a rule, the bandage is worn at night to alleviate symptoms. The function of the reinforcement brace enclosed is to further stabilise the wrist and can be used if your doctor so decides.
- Uncomplicated carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral irritation of the ulnar nerve in Guyon‘s canal
- Postoperative fixation
- Postoperative residual symptoms
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body Fitting.
- The carpal tunnel syndrome bandage is available in left and right hand versions.
- Open all the Velcro fasteners and slip the hand affected into the bandage.
- Push your hand forward into the bandage until you
reach the groove for the thumb and this groove encircles the thumb at its base.
- Next grip the Velcro strip between thumb and forefinger and fasten onto the tufted material on the back of the hand side.
- Thread the three Velcro strips through the reversing
eyelets and fasten the bandage with initially slight tension on the hand.
- The two silicone pads inserted in the bandage lift the
bandage sheath in the region of the carpal tunnel and
protect against pressure irritation.
- Adjust the fit of the bandage if necessary and fasten the three Velcro strips in such a way that the bandage conveys stability and subjectively pleasant wearing comfort.
- The reinforcement brace can be individually adjusted
for a perfect fit to the hand and the wrist.
Comf ortable to wear MANU-HIT® CARPAL is made of a sandwich compound.
The three layers of material are perfectly permeable to air, heat and moisture. A perfectly balanced temperature and moisture transfer provide a constantly pleasant microclimate
between MANU-HIT® CARPAL and your skin – making
the bandage easy for your skin to tolerate.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
Wash MANU-HIT® CARPAL in lukewarm water with a coldwater detergent and air dry. Do not place on a radiator.
The enclosed heel pad can be cleaned with a moist cloth.
So as not to damage other garments when washing,
MANU-HIT® CARPAL is best washed separately or with the Velcro fasteners closed and the integrated reinforcement rod removed.