we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The reinforcing splint incorporated in the inner hand side of MANUHIT® DIGITUS enforces partial immobilization of the finger joints, metacarpus and wrist. The dorsal Velcro fasteners ensure simple bandage application and removal.
The 3-ply textile fabric enables optimal air, heat and
moisture permeability to make the bandage exceptionally comfortable to wear.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-operative following Dupuytren‘s contracture
- As a night immobilizing splint in conjunction with
occlusive bandages (with the pathologies listed above)
- Metacarpus distortions
- Finger joint distorsions
- Paralysis of all hand nerves
- Overstrained arthropathies
- After fractures
- After the removal of plaster bandages
- As a night immobilizing splint with acute carpal tunnel
syndrom, stages I to II
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be
prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
- Open the Velcro fasteners of MANU-HIT® DIGITUS at the forearm and finger support areas wide enough to
enable the hand to easily slip out of the bandage. Reclose the Velcro fasteners loosely.
- MANU-HIT® DIGITUS has been correctly applied when the volar reinforcing splint, preformed in a neutral position, can be formfitted to the forearm, especially at the transition from wrist to metacarpus.
- If necessary adapt the reinforcing splint to the given
anatomic form or according to the doctorís specifications.
- The finger (end joints) should rest on the finger support.
- After the correct position has been found for application, retighten the already prefixed Velcro fasteners in the sequence wrist, forearm and finger support in such a manner that the MANU-HIT® DIGITUS is firmly seated on the hand, but without causing any uncomfortable pressure.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
The MANU-HIT® DIGITUS should be gently washed in
hand-warm water with a cold detergent and then dried in the open air (do not place on a radiator!).
The Velcro fasteners must be closed before washing as
this will lengthen their useful life and avoid damage to