we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The individually shapable volar (palm side) and dorsal
(back of the hand side) reinforcement rods stabilise the
wrist. This reduces strain on the carpal bones, the synovial capsule and the ligaments.
An extra inelastic Velcro strip helps stabilise the wrist
through measured circular tension.
The thumb is partially immobilised in a functional position by the thumb part with integrated reinforcement section
1. The distal interphalangeal finger joint remains free.
Thus the grasping function is maintained.
- Arthrosis of the radial (thumb side) parts of the wrist
- Arthrosis of the metacarpal phalangeal joint of the
- Distortion of the metacarpal phalangeal joint of the
- Ulnar collateral ligament lesion of the metacarpal phalangeal joint of the thumb (e.g. skiing thumb)
- Painful alterations in the scaphoid bone (arthrosis, SNAC wrist)
- Radial-sided instability of the wrist, especially of the
bones between the scaphoid bone and the trapezium/
small trapezium bone
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you
about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic
aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations
(e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling._ Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
- MANU-HIT® POLLEX is available in the left and right
- Open all the Velcro fasteners and slip the hand affecte into the brace.
- Insert your thumb into the designated thumb guide on the brace until it envelops the metacarpal phalangeal joint of the thumb. Fasten the thumb section. The metacarpal phalangeal joint of the thumb remains free to move.
- Thread the two Velcro strips through the reversing eyelets on the forearm and fasten the MANU-HIT® POLLEX with initially slight tension on the hand.
- Then fasten the Velcro strip between thumb and forefinger.
- Wrap the long, inelastic Velcro strip around the wrist
and fasten with the required degree of stabilisation.
- If necessary readjust the fit of the brace and fasten the two Velcro strips on the forearm in such a way that the MANU-HIT® POLLEX conveys stability and feels pleasantly comfortable to wear.
- The volar and dorsal reinforcement rod can be removed from the inside buttonhole openings and shaped so that it fits your hand perfectly.
- The dorsal reinforcement strip can be inserted medially or laterally into the designated guide strip.
COMFORTABLE TO WEAR MANU-HIT® POLLEX is made of a sandwich compound.
The three layers of material are perfectly permeable to
air, heat and moisture. A perfectly balanced temperature and moisture transfer provide a constantly pleasant microclimate between MANU-HIT® POLLEX and your skin –
making the brace easy for your skin to tolerate.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System. However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
Wash MANU-HIT® POLLEX in lukewarm water with a coldwater detergent and air dry. Do not place on a radiator.
So as not to damage other garments when washing,
MANU-HIT® POLLEX is best washed separately or with the Velcro fasteners closed and the integrated reinforcement rod removed