we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The metacarpal thumb splint is anatomically pre-formed and immobilises the base joint of the thumb and first carpometacarpal joint as well as the radial wrist, partially immobilising the wrist joint. The hand can still perform its important grip function despite immobilisation.
The additional polycolon padding insert absorbs sweat
and provides a pleasant cushion effect when you wear the metacarpal thumb splint.
- Partial immobilisation of the radial wrist, the first carpo metacarpal joint and the base joint of the thumb in cases of first carpometacarpal joint arthrosis
- Arthrosis of the radial wrist and of MCP 1
- Ulnar lateral ligament lesion of MCP 1
- Navicular pseudarthrosis
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
- The metacarpal thumb splint is available in the left hand and right hand version.
- First of all, slip the hand affected into the padding
- Now pull the metacarpal thumb splint over the padding insert onto the thumb and fasten this around the wrist joint using the Velcro fastener.
- The thumb splint can be shaped by applying heat and
individually adapted by a professional so that it fits
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.
Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
We recommend that you clean the padding insert by hand washing. The metacarpal thumb splint can be cleaned with a damp cloth.