we would like to ask you to follow these Instructions for
Use with care. If you should have any questions, please
consult the doctor treating you or your nearest stockist,
or contact us directly.
The anatomical design of the RHIZOSPLINT® Rhizarthrose Orthesis ensures ideal immobilisation of the thumb saddle joint. The thumb is optimally positioned in functional respect.
Abducting movements and self-repositioning with
subluxations are possible.
The RHIZOSPLINT® ensures adequate stability and mobility during thumb saddle joint arthrosis.
- Thumb basal joint arthrosis
- Ligament instability in the thumb area
- Tendon inflammation in the thumb area
- State following a fracture in the area of the first metacarpal bone, thumb saddle joint and thumb basal joint
- State after operations in the area of the first metacarpal bone, thumb saddle joint and thumb basal joint
Generally speaking you should see the doctor treating you about the indication and method of wearing an orthopaedic aid and if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic, inflammatory or lesion-specific skin alterations (e.g. swelling, reddening) of the body areas being treated.
- Impaired circulation or lymphatic soft tissue swelling.
- Neurogenically-specific organoleptic and skin trophic
disorders in the body area being treated (sensory disorders with and without skin damage).
So far no consequential incompatibilities or allergic reactions have been reported.
To date, there have been no reports of serious general
side effects with proper use and fitting.
Local pressure symptoms and impaired circulation can be prevented with sufficient certainty on an individual basis if allowance is made for any contraindications and with non-restrictive, consistently shaped shaped body fitting.
- Apply the enclosed cushion insert crease-free on the affected hand.
- Guide the orthesis with the cut over the cushion insert to the affected thumb.
- Close the narrow Velcro strip of the thumb sheath in
such a manner that the thumb is immobilized. The
thumb sheath should be applied without causing any
- Close the broad Velcro strip on the outside of the hand.
The product is to be used by one patient only.
Improper modifications to the product and/or improper
use of the product referred to above exempt the manufacturer from product liability.
You ought to discuss potential reciprocal health risks or
other disadvantages with specific treatments that may
arise in con nection with the use of the product with the
doctor treating you.
For the product to work effectively over a long period, it
must not be worn in conjunction with fatty or acidic remedies, oint ments or lotions.Quality Management System
All SPORLASTIC GmbH products undergo product testing as part of our Quality Management System.
However, should you have any complaints about our product, please get in touch with your stockist or directly with us.
The plastic of the thumb orthesis should be cleaned in a
moist cloth. The cushion insert can be cleaned by a gentle hand wash. Do not dry on a radiator.