The Ability Matters Group (AMG) is a leading provider of prosthetics, orthotics, wheelchair services & products, serving the needs of more than 75,000 patients at 30 centres across the UK and Ireland.
Ortho Europe is the manufacturing arm of the Ability Matters Group. Ortho Europe, established in 1990, is a major European manufacturer and distributor of prosthetic and orthotic product. Headquartered in the UK, Ortho Europe also has offices in France and Netherlands and distributors across Europe and the rest of the World.
Ortho Europe is now looking to recruit three manufacturing Technicians to join our manufacturing team in Sheffield.
At our Sheffield facility we manufacture class 1 Custom made medical devices for the Orthotic industry. These devices are primarily made from Thermoplastics and go through a number of processes including Milling, Thermoforming, Trimming on Routers and Cleaning and finishing. We are looking for Technicians to start in our Sheffield facility in all of these process areas. We offer full training and support.
The role holder works on and produces bespoke orthotic and prosthetic medical devices, utilising manufacturing equipment, techniques & skills bespoke to the Central Fabrication Services facility at Sheffield or Bradford.
Excellent starting salary dependent upon experience is offered along with 25 days Holiday plus bank holidays.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Technician roles are varied in nature and responsibilities will include the following:
- Hand tool skills.
- Componentry assembly.
- Working various Production machines.
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Product Knowledge.
- To assist and support the supervisory team in the identification of any quality problems and assist in providing effective solutions.
- Assist training and the development of newly recruited technicians and develop multi-skilling within the Central Fabrication Facility.
- Ensuring correct materials/components are issued for the task and that appropriate equipment and tools are available.
- Complete and maintain production and inspection records as required.
- Ensure adequate identification of work at all stages is maintained at all times.
- Ensures that the department is kept up to the acceptable standards of housekeeping, maintain a safe clean working environment at all times.
- Work progressed against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare and maintain production and inspection records, signing off all jobs once completed within a specified manufacturing process.
- Work is allocated to Technicians by Supervisory staff, the Technician should manage their individual workload and work with their line manager to ensure that it is completed on time.
- Technicians can book repair and prescribed items out of stores for repair/fabrication.
- Notifying the appropriate Supervisor of delays in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure all work order documentation is accurately completed and accompanies the product through the production cycle.
- Always working within the company quality system.
- To comply with all required health and safety standards.
- Assist with any other work in the various Sheffield production departments as required.
Qualifications and/or Skills:
- Materials control or supply chain experience.
- Stock management, including use of IT systems.
- Negotiating with suppliers and managing of suppliers.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective working within a team.
- A sound working knowledge of IT systems: including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new processes.
- Flexible and helpful attitude.
- Take responsibility for own workload.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter ASAP to email@example.com
Location: Unit 2, Hydra Business Park, Nether Ln, Ecclesfield, Sheffield S35 9ZX
Submitted: 7th december 2021
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits