Ability Matters Group is an international group of companies whose principal activity is to supply products and services that enhance the lives of those who need devices to improve their mobility and accessibility. Putting the patient first is the value that guides everything we do.
The business started in 1989 with one clinic in Oxford and today employs over 700 staff across multiple sites across the UK and Europe. Companies within the group including Opcare, a leading prosthetic and orthotic service provider with over 30 clinics in the UK and Ireland, and Ortho Europe, a major European distributor and manufacturer of prosthetic, orthotic, and specialist seating devices.
By joining Ability Matters Group, you will be part of an ambitious international healthcare business, working with a group of passionate and highly talented colleagues who are 100% focused on improving patient outcomes. At Ability Matters Group you really can make a difference.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate sales management professional to inspire and lead our sales function as Head of Sales – Europe.
You will lead an ambitious and talented group of sales managers, defining and communicating the businesses KPIs, setting quarterly and annual sales targets, agreeing pricing and discount levels to protect and improve margin, examining growth opportunities and enabling sales improvements, developing the product mix, and taking overall responsibility for the department’s performance against agreed targets.
In this role you will oversee and guide the activities of the sales team to achieve sales growth and enhanced revenue generation across our key markets (UK & Ireland, Benelux, France, and the Nordics) and you will have responsibility for managing the central marketing function, ensuring that sales and marketing work together to achieve our shared goals.
You will lead, motivate, and coach the sales and marketing department comprising 25 sales and marketing professionals of which 5 Sales Managers and a Marketing Manager will report directly into you.
You will utilise analytical tools and work with the analytics team to undertake detailed analysis of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to senior sales management, and through research and analysis you will identify areas for improvement in sales strategies.
You will collaborate with colleagues in Product Management to define the new product roadmap and develop and execute sales strategies and action plans with your sales managers to achieve sales budgets and expand our customer base. You will take ownership and responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing the group’s growth strategies, working closely with colleagues from Product Management and Customer Services.
Knowledge & Relationships:
You will manage key relationships on behalf of the business, building strong relationships with external partners and consumers, regularly interacting with them through sales workshops, seminars, and hosting events, in order to understand their key needs and objectives. Generally, you will maintain an active and highly visible presence within the industry.
You will work closely with the Product Management department in creating product intelligence including product/brand adjacencies, affinities, display rules, trend analysis, and ensuring that these are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion. You will also collaborate with colleagues in sales, product management and marketing to ensure that new brands and innovative new devices are successfully launched into the market.
You will have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree
- A minimum of 10 years commercial senior sales management experience within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- A background in Orthopaedics, Physiotherapy or within the medical industry
- Significant experience in the day-to-day management of a sales function
- Good analytical ability, commercial insight, and experience in analysing patterns in customer and market behaviour and of defining data-driven action plans, sales strategies, and initiatives that drive commercial performance
- A proactive attitude and the ability to function both independently and in a multidisciplinary context
- Strong communication and writing skills with fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Good interpersonal qualities, such as empathy and tact
- Good leadership and influencing skills and an ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues across a variety of geographies and cultures
- An affinity with our target customer group
- Agile working
- 25 days annual holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Training and development opportunities
- Company supported pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents
To apply for the position, or for further information, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com